When you plan to go backpacking you have to think of the items, supplies, and gears that you should bring. The first requirement is that all the items that you are going to pack in your backpack are light. You do not have to worry about this because there are many best lightweight backpacking for camping available in the market.
Identify the must-haves when backpacking. Here is a list of the things you should take with you:
- Keep in mind that when you are backpacking, you are always on the go. You may build a camp when it is almost dark but you do not intend to stay there for the whole trip. For this, you will need a sleeping bag and a tent to shelter you when the night falls. You will also need a camping stove for your food. Remember to choose the lightweight backpacking tent for this activity because you will be carrying them on your back for the duration of the trip.
- You will also need a survival kit when you are in the wild. Although you do not want anything bad to happen during the trip, you have to be prepared. There are different items you can have in your survival kit. However, keep in mind to pack only the important ones. Secure your map, compass, or GPS device. You can have the compass on your wrist or around your neck and the map on your pocket. Place it in a plastic container to make sure it will not get wet. Pack signaling items as well like the whistle. Make sure you have fire starters such as matches and lighters. Bring a very functional knife as well. Keep all these items dry.
- Aside from the ultra lightweight backpacks, do not forget your first aid kit as well. It can save your life when you are in the wild. Pack a few medicines for diarrhea, colds, and fever. The change in weather condition can cause you to get sick. Bring insect repellants. It is annoying to deal with them especially when you are tired. Make sure you have disinfectants, band-aids, plasters, and bandages. Include a scissor in your kit as well.
- Check your food supply twice. Plan the meals with your partner before you hit the road. Bring extra food as well. You might get hungry along the way. It will also cover your spilled or spoiled food. Pack your food well though. You do not want to have them all over your lightweight backpack during the trip.
- You will need personal items like clothes. Pack warm clothes even if the sun is up when you left. Weather change is common in the wild. You have to be ready when this happens. Make sure that your personal items stay dry just like the other items inside your backpack.
Backpacking is fun and exciting. However, this activity can be very exhausting especially if you have a lot in your backpack. To be certain that you enjoy your trip, choose the best lightweight backpacking tents and bring the important things you will need during the trip.